Have you ever seen stagnant water? What happens to it? It becomes stinky and a home to mosquitoes and other disease causing organisms. Water, that is so important to all of us, is hated by us when it is in that condition. Why? Because stagnant water stays at one place and refuses to move and change.
Similarly, if we resist bringing changes in our life, our life becomes stagnant and stinky. We start feeling stuck, stressed and unhappy. To stay happy and live your life to the fullest, you need to change things in your life. But what?
1. Change your Health Condition: Do you have some kind of disease? Diabetes, eyesight issues, stress issues, obesity etc? Stop ignoring your body. You are there because your body is there and if you don’t take care of it, you would end up losing it. And when you lose your body, you lose your existence.
Start taking care about it, exercise, eat healthy and be happy because YOLO (You Only Live Once).
2. Practice Self Control: How many times have you lost your temper? How many times have you cheated with your diet plan? How many times have you lied to your parents just because you wanted to go out and party with your friends?
You didn’t do all such things because you really wanted to do them. You did them because you failed to curb your irrelevant desires and control your own self. Self control is very important for a successful person and if you want to be successful and happy in your life practice self control.
Need some help in learning self control: READ THIS BOOK Here’s the Review of that book
3. Stop giving importance to ‘people’: Have you found yourself lacking in confidence because there is no one who says you are good enough for your dream job? Have you resisted doing something you loved because people suggested it was not a good idea?
It is your life and you are supposed to live it. You have to live it, not those people. They have their own lives and don’t let them interfere in yours. Never ever!
4. Start Listening: Not to music but to yourself. Find out what you want in your life. Find out what makes you happy and what doesn’t. Befriend yourself. Start having long solitary conversations with your own self and find out what you really are and what you are meant to do in your life. Also, don’t hesitate in listening to others’ opinions but make sure your ideas are based on careful observations made by you, not by others.
5. Step out: Get out of your comfort zone. Do something that doesn’t go by your usual personality. Set out for a road trip. Find your calling. Find your happiness.
Each person is born for a special purpose and only the path to pursue that purpose gives happiness. You need to find out your purpose, walk on the right path and make yourself happy. Start doing that before it is too late. Else you would have to live a life that would be worse than death.