Winter season is awesome but that dry scalp which is filled with thick layers of dandruff and which keeps itching all the time isn’t good. No one wants a dry scalp right? But the fact is a huge number of people suffer from this issue every season.
Do you know you can actually prevent that? Do you know what you can do to prevent dryness and nourish your scalp at home? All you need to do is to read this article, note down the points and practice the tips I am going to mention here to get a well nourished scalp that doesn’t want you to go for the expensive salon treatments.
How to take care of dry scalp in winter?
- Understand if you have dry scalp or dandruff: Many people get confused between dry scalp and dandruff. So, most of the times, when you are actually suffering from a dry scalp, you end up looking for shampoos to get rid of dandruff. The easiest way to know if you have a dry scalp or dandruff is to go and ask your hair dresser about it.
- Nourish with natural oils: Once you know that your scalp is suffering from dryness, the first thing you need to consider is oiling. This is somewhat impossible for girls for oil is so yuck. But this step is extremely important. Use olive oil or coconut oil to nourish your hair. You must do a good massage with warm oil so that your scalp doesn’t have to face those white flakes.
- Take Cool showers: Once you massage your hair and leave the oil on for like 5-6 hours, you would definitely want to get rid of the stickiness. And that means you would need to have a shower. But the trick here is to go for cool showers. No one wants to step into a tub of cold water in winters but if you do want good hair and healthy scalp, you need to do that. Never take a hot shower while washing your hair.
- Use a nourishing conditioner: From my personal experience, I can say that your choice of shampoo really doesn’t matter as far as the issue of dry scalp is concerned. What matters is the choice of the conditioner. Make sure you use a conditioner that nourishes your scalp really well. I use Loreal Paris Total Repair 5 Conditioner.
- Don’t wash your hair often: This is a highly debatable topic. No one has been able to figure out how many times you should actually wash your hair in a week. But if you are suffering from this uninvited condition due to winters, make sure you keep that to minimum. Wash your hair as less as possible.
- Do less hairstyling: Different hairstyling products like hair dryer, straightener, curler etc degrades the condition of your mane. They not only lead to dry scalp but also lead to frizzy and unmanageable hair. So, it is always better to go natural in winters.
- Feed your body: The biggest reason behind this issue is less amount of water in your body. An under nourished body also aggravates the situation. Make sure you have plenty of water in a day and eat good food like fruits, vegetables etc to keep your body and hair healthy.
Tell me, did you find any of these difficult? Doesn’t it seem like there’s no work to do? Well, that’s how it is. Only a few steps of caution would help you get rid of itchiness and dryness.
I feel your body is the first thing that requires your utmost attention. And your hair is the most visible part of it and they must definitely be taken care of.
What do you think of these tips? Did you find them useful? Would you try them? Would you please come back here and tell me about you experience with these tips? And yeah.. if you liked it, don’t forget to share these useful tips with your social circle. They would love it.