While all my efforts of loosing weight are going in vain, I thought of doing the same to all of my friends who are preparing themselves for summer. This is why I keep cooking some delicious stuff and post pictures on all my social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest 😛 One of those are banana pancakes which are now highly popular with some of my friends. O:)
A lot of you requested for the recipe, so here it is. The recipe of banana pancakes with some secret tips that help unseasonal cooks like me to cook edible food. Good luck 🙂 Hope you like it.
Ingredients (For 6 Pancakes)
- Ripe Bananas – 2 (Mashed)
- Eggs – 2
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) – 2 cup
- Baking Powder – 3 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Melted Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil & Butter for frying
Steps To Follow
- Mash two ripe bananas and put them in a bowl. Add eggs. Whisk and mix properly.
- Add milk, sugar and vanilla essence to the mixture and mix properly.
- Now, add all purpose flour, salt and baking powder to the mixture and mix properly to make a batter of thick consistency. Make sure you don’t combine step 2 & 3. The recipe of banana pancakes seem easy but only few can get it right because of these simple tricks they miss.
- Now add melted better and keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, in a flat non stick skillet, add 1/2 tbsp oil. Then add butter into the oil. Why we use both butter and oil? We actually need to use butter for the taste but if you put butter directly on hot skillet, it would burn. To prevent that, we first put oil and then butter.
- Pour 2 tbsp of batter on the skillet. I used a cup for this purpose. The quantity would determine the size of the banana pancakes. Don’t try to make them big or you will end up with some broken pieces of uncooked batter. 😛
- Cook the batter till you see bubbles on the surface.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side as well for 1-2 minutes.
- Tdaaa! your first banana pancake is ready. 🙂 Repeat the steps 5-8 to make more pancakes or to use up rest of the batter.
- Once you’re done with the cooking, focus on the final presentation. 😉 Make a heap of pancakes and pour maple syrup on it. If you don’t have maple syrup, you can use honey. Put a dallop of ice-cream on the heap and enjoy! [Tweet the pictures to me @manpreet1011 😉 ]
I hope you find this useful. This is my favorite dessert recipe (It often serve as my lunch or dinner too). You would find it awesome. Do try!