Delhi to Chandigarh highway is a foodie’s paradise. There are so many dhabas to try and road tripping from Delhi to Chandigarh just makes sense. But here’s the problem – none of the people in the group could arrange a car. That’s when we decided to get a Zoomcar and hence, this Zoomcar review is happening.
What is Zoomcar?
It’s pretty much everything a travel freak would long for. Road trips are fun but convincing your parents to give you the car for a random trip is tough. So, you can simply get the money and get a rental car for as many days as you want.
Zoomcar is one of the original and best concepts that have come up. It lets you rent a car of your choice, and you can drive to all the places you want. Most of the cars have an all-India permit, but you have to pay the toll taxes yourself. Better check beforehand about the permit; for the one I rented had one.
These self-driven cars are now the easiest way to travel and one only as to pay a minimum amount for the car. Their services are available in Bangalore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, and Chandigarh. Bookings can be easily made online at Zoomcar.com or via the mobile app for Android and iOS devices, and you can simply pick up the car from the designated location.
Getting best deals from Zoomcar
Zoomcar also has some of the best deals to offer. These deals can be a limited period offer or exclusively for some particular card payment or specific car or any specific city. To be updated with the best deals, all you need to do is check Zoutons every day, as they have the best Zoomcar deals to offer. I have also recommended Zoutons previously on my blog. Here are some deals they have on Zoomcar.
- Flat Rs. 600/- off on every ride. In this deal, all you need to do is apply the code, and you will get flat Rs. 600/- off on every ride making your traveling cheap and affordable.
- For all those Kotak Bank and IndusInd Bank users, you can get flat 20% off on any of the Zoomcar rentals. All you need is apply the coupon code while checking out.
- Another money saving deal is booking any hatchback at only Rs. 49/- per hour. So if you know the time span of your traveling, this deal is amongst the best one.
- Zoutons also has codes for all you first timers. All the first customers get 20% off on their first ride booking via app or browser. And 10% off on trip booking but only booking via the app.
- This deal is for people who also want some classy cars. One can book any sedan at Rs. 80/- per hour making you feel rich but also saving money.
- There are deals available for air safari as well; you can get flat 50% off on air safari.
- It not only gives you means to travel but also lets you preserve your class. One can even rent a Mercedes at Rs. 195/- per hour.
- Refer and earn is a deal on Zoutons that gets you discounts of flat Rs. 300/- off when you refer a friend to Zoomcar.
- Zoomcar deals range from discounts uptoRs. 900/- off to flat 20% off for first ride in Jaipur
So get your travel plans on and log on to Zoutons for the best Zoomcar Deals!
My Experience with Zoomcar or The Zoomcar Review
A wide variety of cars are available on their website; these include Scorpio, Amaze, Swift, Figo, A class, 3 series, everything you can think of. All you need to do is log onto Zoomcar via browser or the app and choose a pick up or a doorstep option.
For pick up you need to pick the car up from the desired place, and in doorstep, the Zoomcar authorities drop off the car at your desired location charging you extra Rs. 300/- for it. After the picking of the car up you need to provide with the dates of the journey and in the end all you need to do is give a preference of your desired car.
As people rent cars for different types of journeys, it is not always fair to charge the same rate. So to make life easy Zoomcar offers you Flexi Pricing along with their own traditional rates so that it is value for money! The three packages include Zoom Lite (120 KMS/DAY at five km/hour), Zoom Classic (240 KMS/DAY at 10 km/hour), and Zoom XL (360 KMS/DAY at 15 km/hour). How far you will be driving and in what time, will determine the best Flexi Plan for you.
In my case, I ordered for the car and opted for delivery at my home. You must note that when you opt for delivery, the car options may decrease a bit. But if you pickup, you can get more car options. Anyhow, I gave the time when I wanted the car in front of my home, and they turned up on time.
I hired the car for two days. The drop was done at 9 P.M., and then the car was with me for three nights. It was picked up early morning on the third day. The package that I chose gave me 400 km free. Now, the point behind is that if I had got more petrol refilled in this 400 km, I would have got my money refunded. There are extra charges if you go beyond that limit.
Anyhow, I got a very clean Honda Amaze which was a well-maintained car. The total cost was around Rs. 8000. I hired the car about 6-7 months back so expect a slight change in price due to my fading memory.
I would totally recommend you to try Zoomcar if you want a self-driven car for your next roadtrip.